Friday, January 31, 2014

Finish It Up Friday #1

I made my first pillow! WHOOP! This little guy is a test block from a quilt I have planned. My points aren't as sharp as I would like and there is a teensy little oil stain because I didn't run enough scrap fabric through the machine after a cleaning (or I used too much oil) but I LOVE it! It was destined to become an orphan or maybe pieced into the back but now its an awesome pillow!



What in the world have I been waiting for? Envelope closures are EASY!


Hopefully my next one won't have that little bludge. I could totally rip this one and fix it but ... why? LOL I just made it up as I went along and learned lots!

I have seen so many quilt/pillow/projects in the snow pictures floating around the bloggy world and was so jealous :) But, living in Texas, meant those pictures just weren't in the cards for me. Or so I thought! We got 2 inches of snow last week (it's okay for you northern folks to laugh now) because we couldn't be happier about it! Ok, here is the last snow pic of the year... maybe ever HaHa...

 
 
Linking up with Amanda Jean for finish it up Friday over at crazymomquilts!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Jessi 

4 comments:

  1. Yay on mastering the envelope closure! No snow here in Australia either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so easy! I don't know why I scared myself out of doing them for so long!

      Delete