Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Stash #1

Welcome to my first ever Sunday Stash! I am VERY excited to start participating in this linky party with Molli Sparkles! Since I have never participated in the Sunday Stash fun I have the pleasure of showing off some oldies but goodies from my stash.

This was one of my many favorite collections of 2013:


Zombie Apocalypse! by Emily Taylor Design for Riley Blake.

The reason I loved this line so much was the minute I saw it I knew it was the PERFECT fabric line for my dad. He loves to joke about an eventual zombie apocalypse so I figured what better quilt to keep him warm during an apocalypse than one made with zombie fabric!


AND this fabric includes plenty of practical wisdom. Did you know zombies can't climb trees? Neither did I! Until I saw these awesome prints in three color ways.


Zombie eyes for awesome accents? Yes, please.


And these guys are just plan creepy and fun. I have plans to turn this super cool fabric into a quilt for my dad this year (gotta get this done before the end of the world as we know it ;) ) so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping  by,
Jessi

7 comments:

  1. I missed this fabric collection somehow, and it's too funny! And how nice that they included zombie factoids as well. I'm sure your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned so much from this fabric haha! I hope he does too, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Jessi, how fun! Bet your dad will love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious idea for your dad! Do you have a pattern picked out, or are you still being inspired by the fabric? Do you or your dad watch Walking Dead? It's all about zombies, and a fantastic show! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I finally picked a design from one of my many quilting magazines. I just need to pick up some really awesome border/sashing fabric that I am eyeing at my local quilt shop. He loves the Walking Dead! Its a touch gruesome for me though. I prefer the "cutesy" fabric zombies :)

      Delete