Monday, January 20, 2014

TLP: The Library Challenge


I have decided to take the plunge and participate in my first ever Quilt Along. Even before I had a blog a quilt along was far too intimidating for me. The deadlines... the accountability... the everything! LOL! But participating in a quilt along is one of my yearly goals this year and I really like the vibe of the The Library Challenge (TLC) so here I am!

1. This awesome book of 501 blocks was the first book I ever bought that related to quilting. Then I became promptly overwhelmed by the possibilities it provided.



While I was flipping thru it I decided to pick my favorite pinwheel blocks and I picked almost 40! So I narrowed that down to my top 12 and I have decided to set a goal for myself of 2 a month so I can have the last 6 months of the year to quilt it. I plan on giving this quilt as a gift so finishing it before December is a must!

2. This next book is actually my most recent book purchase that relates to quilting and my current favorite :) I aquired it as part of a club I am in at my LQS; our goals are 7 blocks a month and at the end of the year (or 13 months) we will have 90 blocks to make a queen size quilt with!


I am have added another layer of difficulty to this project for myself by deciding to hand piece... from beginning to end... and then hand quilt it... why does just typing that out scare the crap outta me? LOL Must be the accountability part of things that always intimidated me before about a quilt along.

3. My third project for the year will be to use the following pattern and fabric bundle that I purchased at Quilt Festival. The moment I saw this quilt hanging in the show portion of Festival it was instant LOVE and then when I ran accross the bundle and pattern package while shopping, purchasing it was a no brainer.


I was actually so excited when I saw this that I jumped and ran over to my mom who was walking down the aisle with my daughter to show her what I had found. In my excitement I didn't even realize I had walked out of the vendor booth with some of their product... do you see where this is going? When I turned back toward the booth one of the workers was coming after me because he thought I was trying to steal it! I was SO EMBARRASSED!!! After apologizing profusely and paying for my finds we all had a good laugh about it though :)

4. Next up, I have another pattern and fabric bundle combo that I want to get done this year. I have been hoarding this bundle because I am so inlove with anything Katie & Birdie do I couldn't bare to cut into it.


I have been trying to convince myself that if I love looking at and petting this little bundle of beauty I will equally love wrapping up in a quilt made of it. And what better year than this one to do just that.

5. Lastly, I am going to use one of my quilting magazines as inspiration to make this dog bed. My poor, poor mistreated doggies are currently suffering thru sleeping away their days on my furniture. I am not sure if this bed will get them out of the furniture but its worth a shot!



So, there you have it! These are the projects I have choosen, let the accountability begin! I must admit though I am very happy with the projects I have choosen and love the diversity of my modern quilting library :)

Linking up with chezzetcook for The Library Project (TLC) and Stitch by Stitch for Anything goes Monday!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jessi

8 comments:

  1. Three in a box looks amazing! And I'm sure your doggies will love a new bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Time will tell with the doggies lol

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great lineup of projects, good luck. Love your story about shopping at Quilt Festival

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was totally embarrassing in the moment but we get a good laugh from it now :)

      Delete
  3. These picks are amazing! I too have a dog on the couch beside me right now, I doubt that bed would lure him away, but it is a good plan :) So glad you are quilting along with us. I am honored that you chose The Library Project as your first QAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I really loved the vibe of this quilt along and I am thrilled to be here!

      Delete
  4. I love your picks and I love that you are handpiecing and handquilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I will still love hand work by the time I am done ;)

      Delete