Monday, January 13, 2014

Anything Goes Monday #1

My 2014 word and Quilty Goals:

On different blogs I have been reading I have seen people picking words that they hope will inspire them throughout the year. I like the idea of focusing on a positive word for the year so I figured I would join in! My word this year is "PRESENT". I don't have a goal of receiving more presents in 2014 (although I certainly wouldn't complain :)) or even giving away more presents. I am going to focus on BEING present in the year 2014.

My daughter will be turning 1 year old in less than two weeks. Where in the world has this year gone? I know all other parents out there can completely relate to that question. So, for the upcoming year I want to focus on being present with my daughter. Not wondering when she will start talking or even sleeping thru the night but enjoying the moments for exactly what they are because before I know it she will be moving out.

I also want to remember to be present and enjoy the time that I spend away from my daughter. I am often so concerned with getting back to her or missing her that I completely miss out on the awesome people I have right there around me. Visiting with customers at work ( I am blessed to work at my LQS!) or even the classes that I take there.

2014 will be the year of me being PRESENT in all aspects of my life, even my quilty life.

Now on to my 2014 Quilty goals... this is a quilting blog after all!

1. Pictures - my first goal is to improve my photography skills and hopefully this little ol' blog of mine will benefit from that! My next post will have pictures! Promise :)

2. Quilt Along - I really want to make as many quilty friends as possible so I have decided I will participate in a quilt along to help get the ball rolling.

3. Finish 4 quilts (all the way down to the binding), one for each quater of the year. I hope people don't feel like this is a cop out but in my effort to be more present in all aspects of my life I want to ENJOY quilt making. Not feel like it is a race from one quilt to the next. SO, as many as I get done is what will be.

4. Get over my hate of starching, ironing and pinning. When I sit down to quilt I want that fabric to FLY! and my accurracy often pays for that. I know I will improve my accurracy with good prep-work so I will do my best to get over the extreme dislike of it. I may not love it by the end of the year but I sure hope not to hate it anymore.

5. Link up to other blogs. Another way I hope to make plenty of new quilty friends.

6. Lastly, I want to blog AT LEAST once a week. I want to see my growth over the year thru this blog and I can't look back to see that if I never post to being with!

I am linking this post up to Stitch by Stitch for Anything Goes Monday. Looks like I can already cross one of those goals off my list! Scratch that. I waited too long to post and the linky party is now closed :(... There is always next week!


Thanks for stopping by,
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment