Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday #1

While organizing, cleaning and doing a little general 'de-cluttering' yesterday I found my oldest WIP ever.


My grandmother taught me to cross stitch when I was a young girl. At least 15 years ago. And that is when my crafting ADD also kicked in apparently because this project was sadly abandoned.


An upclose picture of the stitching. I was pretty good if I do say so myself!


I love everything about this lunch box. I had to have been my brothers because I was a total Ninja Turtle fan. I must have stolen it from him to store my cross stitching in it ;o) and he would have been so embarassed if his friends would have found what was inside!

 
I had totally forgotten about my grandmothers thread storage and its super clever! I will definitely be replicating this again in the future for my embrodiery thread storage.



As you can see this project was only about 3/4s done before I abandoned it . My teenage life must have gotten in the way and I became 'too cool' for cross stitching, who knows really. Never fear, I will not be throwing this epically old WIP away though! I actually have hopes that my daughter will want me to teach her one day and she will finish what I started oh so long ago :) A girl can dream right?

Linking up to Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jessi

6 comments:

  1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles--------TURTLE POWER!!!!!!!

    Hope your daughter finds interest in cross stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And very possible too! I started out with cross-stitching before learning to quilt. Now I find cross-stitching takes SO LONG! I can't imagine when I had such patience. Adorable design!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cross-stitching was my start too. Like a gateway drug ;)

      Delete
  3. Pretty awesome cross stitch storage box!

    ReplyDelete